After a loss
Safety is your number one priority. Do not take unnecessary risks. Get to a safe place if your home is extensively damaged.
- If you haven't already, dial 9-1-1 in the event of fire, theft, or vandalism.
- In the event of a water loss, water removal services may be necessary. Your adjuster will be able to provide you with contact information for professional water mitigation companies in your area.
- Protect the property from further damage by making reasonable and necessary repairs.
- Keep bills and receipts. Maintain an accurate record of any repairs made.
- Take photos of damages, if possible.
- Do not discard anything before speaking with your assigned insurance adjuster.